Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Simple sketches to comfy cushions


Last month I had the chance to try out the new minky fabric that's available through Spoonflower and here I am belatedly sharing the project I made using it in case you missed it. I took my little girl's sketches, which were already...
impossibly cute if I do say so myself, and transformed them into cushions for her room. Full disclosure : they didn't ALL end up in her room. I accosted my favorite (the queen) and it's in the dining room, which is the center of our home, so I can see it every day.

A few simple steps and some very basic computer know-how can take you from this :


to this :

in very little time. I've outlined all the simple steps for you so that you can follow along and make your own. Read the full tutorial over on the Spoonflower blog here.


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh how precious they are! I haven't gone to the tutorial yet because I was so happy to see how you've showcased your daughters artwork in such an original and creative way! As a former preschool teacher and a new grandma, I'm just itching to try this! Going to check out your blog for more cool ideas - thank you for sharing! Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with your daughter's drawings. My sons are 26 and 21 and I used to get a lot of their artwork framed and some professionally framed and it still hangs in our home. There was no Spoonflower then. Your project is making me want to take photos of their artwork and do exactly what you have done.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I will bookmark this site and come to it from time to time. Your writing has been of great help to me.

    Click here to chceck my blog :: 부산오피

    (freaky)

    ReplyDelete

© Hello Beautiful | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig